Business Continues in Compliance with CA Governor’s Executive Order (COVID-19)
Dear Friends and Clients,
As you all know by now, the Governor of California has issued an Executive Order requiring that resident’s shelter-in-place. As a result of the Order and our concern for the health of our employees and their families, our clients and our communities, commencing after today, March 20th, our physical office will be officially closed.
Be assured that our level of service will not change. Selected employees will be working from home until the Governor rescinds the Executive Order. We have not stopped working on client engagements; however, we ask for your understanding and apologize in advance for any delays.
The tax filing date has been automatically extended to July 15th, as well as any payments due. For those of you who may be receiving a tax refund, we will still be trying to file sooner than later.
The IRS has issued Notice 2020-18, which clarifies some provisions for extended returns.
- The April 15 income tax payment deadline has been extended to July 15 for all taxpayers.
- The filing and payment extensions apply to individuals, trusts, estates, partnerships, corporations, associations, and companies.
- The relief applies only to income tax returns and income taxes, no extension is provided for the payment or deposit of any other type of federal tax, or for the filing of any federal information return.
- Payroll tax and sales tax filings and payments are not extended by this notice.
- Estimates due on April 15 are extended to July 15 (there is no discussion of second quarter estimates).
- There is no discussion about extensions other than the July 15 date. We assume if a taxpayer wants an extension to October 15, an extension may be filed on or before July 15.
We will continue to keep you posted as additional filing and payment information is released.
Our Policies and Procedures:
- Our business procedures and information technology infrastructure allow for work-from-home capabilities. Our associates are using this resource in a limited manner at this point; however, we have the ability to significantly escalate this step if the situation merits
- Kathleen Urquidez, our designated individual, will be at our office during normal business hours to ensure that all of our engagements are progressing in a timely fashion, available for our client questions and concerns, monitoring that our technology is working efficiently and retrieving mail, faxes, overnight deliveries, etc. If you have any questions or need immediate assistance, please call Kathleen Urquidez at the office 562-216-1561 during normal business hours or on her cell 310-266-9562 any time after hours.
We have a number of options for submitting tax documents to our firm and for receiving your completed tax documents back from our office.
- You can use our individual online portal for you to exchange sensitive documents to and from our team in a secure manner. You can access our portal on the website at www.urquidezcpas.com by clicking the CLIENT PORTAL menu link. There are also additional instructions on our website regarding use of our portal. If you need guidance, feel free to email email@example.com or call the office at 562-216-1561.
- Postal delivery can be used as long as additional days are allowed for transport.
- We can hold consultation sessions with you via phone conference or simple to use video conference.
Small Business Relief:
Our small-business clients and individual clients may be eligible for financial assistance during these difficult times. We are educating ourselves on the recent regulations regarding the SBA Disaster Loan Program, EDD Work Share Program, Tax planning & benefits, and other programs that may be available to support your business. We will provide this information to you as soon as it become available. Here is a link that provides initial information about https://www.sba.gov/funding-programs/disaster-assistance. Here is a link that provides initial information about EDD Work Share Program https://www.edd.ca.gov/unemployment/Work_Sharing_Program.htm
In the meantime, be mindful of your spending, take a careful look at your monthly budget to determine those items that can wait for payment, refrain from online boredom shopping, all in the interest of conserving cash so that we can gracefully weather the storm. We are available to assist with cash flow analysis to help put your business forecast in perspective.
At moments like these, when your family, business, and personal planning are uncertain, we are here to help you sort through the implications and provide solutions where necessary. Please know the wellness and safety of our team, our clients, and the community continues to be our top priority. We appreciate your loyalty and trust as a valued customer.
Like you, we will be doing our best to stay as healthy and positive as we can. Please reach out to us with your questions or for additional information. We are committed to providing you with the highest quality service available.