Do you need to analyze your financial data to uncover potential misconduct? Are you investigating an entity for possible acquisition and need to ensure the absence of financial irregularities? Or perhaps you’re involved in litigation and require an expert witness to testify on your behalf.
If you are concerned that you or your business has been or could be harmed by fraud or embezzlement, the forensic accounting and CFE services of Kathleen P. Urquidez, CPA could provide the answers you seek.
Should you need to explore whether fraud or misconduct has occurred, such as employee theft of property, materials, or misuse of assets; misappropriation of funds by employees; kickbacks to employees from outside vendors; or insurance fraud, our CFE team’s considerable years of investigative accounting knowledge and field experience can provide you a clear, concise understanding of the situation and the appropriate action to take. We can:
Assist with The Protection and Recovery of Assets
- Coordinate with Other Experts
- Assist with Any Necessary Civil Action or Criminal Prosecution, Acting As Intermediary Between You and Law Enforcement
Organizations with weak or no internal controls are more susceptible to fraud.
Review and Recommend Changes to Current Internal Control Procedures
- Assist in Implementing New Internal Control Procedures to Increase Segregation of duties and maintain strong internal controls
- Create an Anti-Fraud Policy and Code of Conduct
- Establish A Whistleblower’s Hotline